Sparkware Technologies is a strong R&D software development center established in Romania, we provide software development services to the online gaming entertainment companies. Sparkware Technologies develops and manages principal aspects of online entertainment elements, including software development of infrastructure platforms, back-office tools, e-payments processing, CRM solutions, risk management and software clients using various technologies such as: .Net, C++,SQL DB, PHP, HTML#5 among others.
We are part of a group which is a global leader in the online gaming industry for more then 20 years, listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2005.
Our employees and managers care for each other, collaborate and treat everyone with respect and appreciation. This is just how we roll. We make sure to never lose sight of these important values making SparkWare Technologies one of the most sought-after employers in the online industry. We are always looking for new colleagues who are passionate professionals and commited to great results to join our team. People who combine the professional know-how with a caring approach and a <can-do> state of mind.
We’re looking for a software engineer to join the DevOps team at SparkWare Technologies, an 888Holdings company, to help us automate all the things!
The DevOps team is in charge of the Casino and Poker products build and deployment infrastructure, as well as developing internal tools used cross company to help decrease our time to market. Joining us means you’ll be at the intersection of development, QA, IT and product owner teams, working in a fast paced environment on varied technologies.
As a DevOps engineer, some of the things you’ll be responsible for are:
1. Managing and improving our build infrastructure based around Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory and Team Foundation Server (git and TFVC backends);
2. Develop and maintain build, and continuous integration and delivery pipelines and tools, written in Python, C# and the Jenkins pipeline DSL (Groovy based);
3. Create tools to improve the lives of our colleagues. Some of the projects we’re currently spearheading are:
a. Game deployment dashboard - enable product owners, project managers and QA teams to deploy new games to our environments;
b. Release notes website - want to know what feature and bug fixes got released? This will help teams answer that all important question;
c. A/B test manager - improve our overall games portfolio through data driven decisions;
d. Containerization and deployment simplification - as most of our new projects are TypeScript and NodeJS based, switch to a Docker image based deployment system;
4. Assist developers, QA, product and management teams with deployments and related information;
5. Advocate for industry standard practices and technologies (git, containerization, CI/CD);
We’re looking for an engineer with hands-on knowledge on:
1. Jenkins or similar build systems;
2. git, TFVC, other distributed code versioning system;
3. Build and release engineering (know what CI/CD means and good practices on how to implement it);
4. Programming (Python preferred, C# good to have);
5. Good problem solving skills;
Other "nice to haves" include:
1. Web programming experience (Flask, NodeJS, React);
2. Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, rkt);
4. Linux, Windows and MacOS admin skills;
5. InstallShield experience;
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers, in Romania or abroad, to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.