We are looking for an experienced Python Software Developer to join our development team. The ideal candidate will have excellent programming skills with a focus on quality, performance, extensibility and maintainability of code within an agile software development environment.
Who Are We?
We are part of the 888 Group, a global leader in the online gaming industry for over 20 years. 888 is listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2005. 888 offer an innovative and world-class experience in online games including casino, poker, sports betting and bingo. In Dublin we are developing the next generation of 888’s sports betting platform.
Through innovation we aspire to give our customers the most compelling and entertaining gaming experience possible. We are bringing the very best in e-Commerce practices to the sportsbook sector.
What We Want:
We are looking for a dynamic, skillful and enthusiastic person to join our Software Development team. Someone who takes ownership for their work, is committed to building high quality, extensible code and who has experience working within an agile software development team is the ideal.
What is Expected of You:
• To design and develop code with performance optimisation, extensibility and maintainability in mind
• Own and drive development tasks that you are involved in, participating and supporting your agile development SCRUM team. Provide support to the business for critical issues.
• Functionally and Unit test all developed code to a very high standard to enable QA to test efficiently
What You Need:
• Demonstrable experience with Python, MySQL & Linux
• 7+ years professional development experience
• 5+ years’ experience developing with Python
• Experience in version control systems, ideally Git
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
• Strong communication skills and fluency in verbal and written English are essential
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
• Experience/understanding of working in an Agile environment
• Experience with asynchronous networking library such as Twisted or Tornado
• Redis or other modern non-relational data storage systems
• Testing. Especially unit testing, test-driven development and behaviour-driven development
• Modern Python web frameworks. e.g. Flask, Django and Python ORM e.g. storm, sqlalchemy
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers, in Romania or abroad, to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.